♥
questions
of
the
heart
Welcome.
it's a small world

Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already.
kaitlin nicole,
she flies with her own wings

Feel free to comment, xx





Best viewed in Google Chrome
Don't check this out with Internet Explorer, ewiee.
You're my best girl.
Friday, March 12, 2010 @ 8:21 PM





Today my best friend headed off to Los Angeles for 10 whole days. So, I'm just going to talk about her here for a little while because I am already missing her like crazy. I met Tiffany the summer before grade 7 and let me tell you I was far from impressed by her first impression. Dressed in all blue, she was a bit of an odd ball who tried to convince me her cat could do gymnastics. Mmhmmm, weird. New to the neighborhood I was forced to show her around. I had to take her on a bike ride to show her Dr. Knox, where she'd be going to school (not with me, I was thankful of this). Believe it or not, this girl had a wild side, she didn't even wear a helmet. When we got back to our street I got talked into a game of Cranium, what a brainiac. When I went home that night I vowed that I had done my time and wouldn't need to see her again, but there she was at my doorstep the next day. Slowly I began to enjoy her company, she wasn't the weird girl I first met, apparently she is just bad at first impressions. We fond we had plenty in common, but enough to make us very different people. She quickly became my best friend, 75 steps and 40 seconds away, she was always there when I needed her. I did the same for her. We shared everything, my closet was hers and hers was mine. She knew all my secrets and I learned all of hers. We spent nights together doing silly things, watching scary movies or laying awake at night talking. Everyday after school you would find me at her house. Not doing anything special just being together. A couple of years later that changed. It was May when her and her mom moved into a new house, a house not on my street but a 20 minute walk away. We both hated this. I couldn't run to her in the morning anymore when my outfit wasn't working, or be at her side when something went wrong. Let me tell you, we both thought it was the end of the world. It wasn't. We got on with it. Grade 10 was a weird year, we went to the same school and while we thought this was a perfect set up, it wasn't. We fought more, probably because of the amount of time we spent together. Now, in grade 11 we've found some kind of balance, we see each other at school but save the real quality time for after school. We work together at Booster Juice and still spend weekends together. Things have changed but I still love her to pieces. So now I'm sitting here, on my best friends laptop, without her for 10 days. Seems like a long time. I don't know where I would be without her. She is always honest with me, no longer afraid to hurt my feelings when voicing her opinion. She's the voice of reason, telling me when I am making a big mistake. She's the constant support system, believing in me and always willing to lend a hand. She is a shoulder to cry on, loving me unconditionally no matter how many things I have done wrong. She is silly, we make each other laugh. She is wild, and always up for an adventure. She is trustworthy, I know I can count on her to keep her mouth shut. Soon we're going to be separated even more. If we thought a 20 minute walk was long then New Zealand will be impossible to handle. I know that while I am gone lots will change, we will both grow up and be different people. But I also know that I will always be able to count on her, from across the world, to make me smile.