Welcome.
it's a small world
Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already.
kaitlin nicole,
she flies with her own wings
Feel free to comment, xx
|
|
Welcome.
it's a small world
Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already. kaitlin nicole, she flies with her own wings
Feel free to comment, xx Best viewed in Google Chrome Don't check this out with Internet Explorer, ewiee. |
|
On to the next one
Saturday, July 17, 2010 @ 9:20 AM
We left Panorama Camp at around noon on Thursday. Everyone had french toast for breaky, minus me. I had cereal. yummm. We headed for Barrie, about a 3 hour drive, to see dad's friend Steve for dinner. However, after driving and driving we see that the exit we are supposed to take to get to Steve's is closed. Fantastic. Then the car starts to beep meaning, on top of not knowing how to get to Steve's we are about to run out of gas, without a gas station in sight. It was stressful going until we came across a cabby who directed us to the nearest gas station. Once we filled up, dad decided that we should probably pick up some wine while we are in town. I really wasn't a fan of this plan because I was starving and really just wanted to get to Steve's for some food. So off we went in search of and LCBO, which I thought stood for something along the lines of Liquor Cabinet of Beautiful Ontario. I was wrong, it starts for Liquor Control Board of Ontario. I think my name is more fitting however that isn't the point. The point is that we can't find a single one anywhere. We're just driving around turning this way and that in search of a liquor store, that does not even carry good BC wine. We finally come across one, next to a Shoppers Drugmart, perfect. Dad head for the wine and us girls grab crackers and razors, an odd combo I know. Its cloudy and the weather is awful so I've worn a sweater, terrible idea. See in Ontario, even though the clouds are there and it looks cold like it is probably about to rain, the mugginess is everywhere all the time. I am sticky and hot and grumpy as I storm back to the car desperate for the AC. After a bunch of wrong turns on dad's part we make it to Steves. Visit for a while, have dinner, take a walk and then get back in the van to head to my aunt's in Hensall. Due to construction we got lost a few times. We thought we'd arrive there around 11, it was closer to 1. But really, what was I expecting, the whole trip has been nothing but delays. We got settled for the night and let my poor cousin and uncle get to bed before they had to work in the morning. This morning I slept in for ages. Mom, Aunt Wendy and the girls had already done the grocery shopping before I was up. I had breakfast, while everyone else ate lunch. Then I was privilleged enough to get to shower outside, as I will be doing for the rest of the month. Let me tell you its an odd thing. Especially when the dog crawls in under the door. Enclosed in a little wooden box with no roof, just out in the open, showering. Not my preference but what can you do. This afternoon we headed down to what used to be a gravel pit, but now is the size of a small lake. Everyone got to swim, dogs included. I opted out, and spent the time throwing the kong for Chip, water dog extraodinaire. We're back on the farm now and just waiting up for dinner. Who knows what tomorrows plans will be. |