♥
questions
of
the
heart
Welcome.
it's a small world

Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already.
kaitlin nicole,
she flies with her own wings

Feel free to comment, xx





Best viewed in Google Chrome
Don't check this out with Internet Explorer, ewiee.
Panorama Camp
Thursday, July 15, 2010 @ 11:31 AM

So we lefet Fernie, and drove. And drove. And drove some more. Alberta there was nothing to report except 4 elk and a lot of windmills, like up in the thousands. I slept through most of it. But if I thought Alberta had nothing to report then Saskatchewan was muuuuch worse. Looking at the flat land for hours and hours and hours my first thought was, "no wonder Devin can't ski". We pulled into a gas station and the windows were rolled down for a total of 30 seconds tops. When I looked down at my legs my right inner thigh had 6 quarter-sized welts from mosquitoes munching on me. So brutal. I slept through Manitoba because we drove through the night. At 3am we hit northern Ontario and thats when I lost cell service, for 19 hours. Sweet, trapped in the van with the worlds crampiest legs and no life line. At first I was excited about the change of scenery, and all of the pretty trees, hills and rocks versus the farmland I'd just left. However, after a while it gets a little tiring. and boring. By 9pm my dad decided he was pretty tired and didn't think he should drive through the night again.We spent the night in a motel in a really small town called Chapleau, surprise surprise, my phone still had no service in the hotel. We got up relatively early the next morning thinking that we had 4 or 5 more hours to drive until we got to my cousins campground. Psych, 7 hours later we roll up to Panorama Camp. Sean and Ry were already for us and got us in the boat within moments of being there. We headed over to the bridge. All of us jumped off and spent the afternoon swimming (keep in mind, 4pm for me means 1pm for you guys in Kelowna). After I took a turn driving the boat, fast as always when it comes to me driving anything, we headed in. We ate dinner outside in the sunshine and after everything was cleaned up we decided a fire and smores would be a good time. However, good ole Sean had eaten the chocolate the night before. Sean and I headed into town to grab some chocolate. The cashier spoke to me in French and I processed it without even thinking. By the time I even processed that he had spoken to me in French he had switched to English. Sean let me drive home which was quite the time. I got to try our dirt roads for the first time. Ry made a huge fire, we made smores and got eaten by the bugs even though we slathered ourselves in bug spray. Everyone was tired but the time change still has me screwed up and I read until 3am. Today was pretty lazy. I slept in and then me, Ry, Madi and Emma head out on the boat and did some tubing. I spent the rest of the day out on the dock reading in the sunshine. Tomorrow we making our way to Hensall to my aunts house where we're going to be staying for the rest of the trip.