Welcome.
it's a small world
Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already.
kaitlin nicole,
she flies with her own wings
Feel free to comment, xx
|
|
Welcome.
it's a small world
Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already. kaitlin nicole, she flies with her own wings
Feel free to comment, xx Best viewed in Google Chrome Don't check this out with Internet Explorer, ewiee. |
|
17 in Auckland
Sunday, September 5, 2010 @ 8:46 PM
On Friday September 3rd (which was Thrusday for everyone at home), I turned 17. My first birthday in New Zealand. Maybe my only, I guess we won't know... It was a grey kinda day, rained on and off but we made the most of it. We went to Tree Adventures, it's this neat place up in Woodhill Forest. We got slightly lost, Google's directions sort of misled us. But once we made it we got all geared up to go. Helmets, carabiners you name it, we were wearing it. We did courses 1-4, it took us about an hour and a half I guess. It was pretty neat. It rained a bit, although we were mostly covered by the treetops and by the end my hands and feet were numb. So much for this place being warm. On our way back we were all debating where to go for dinner although it was ultimately my decision being the birthday girl and all. Everyone was suggesting exoctic things, indian curry, thai food, sushi, when quite frankly I just wanted a good old Boston Pizza. No such luck. As we were driving through traffic we noticed a place that kind of resembled a place where you'd find motorcycle parts. It was called Hell. As we drove by though we noticed that it was a food place, serving pastas pizzas and salads. Bingo. We turned around laughing at how commical this all was, we were going to Hell for dinner. We went inside and ordered our food for takeaway and they told us sit would be a 15 minute wait. During the 15 minutes we realized something incredible, maybe it was just that day, but Hell had frozen over. We were freezing to death, when really I thought Hell was going to be this burning hot place. They mad up for it with the food though, because that was smoking hot, and delicious, and nicely priced I'd say. Me and Mom ordered pasta called Spirit. Dads pizza was called Lust and I can't remember what the vegetarian pizza was called. I've never eaten so fast in my life, or so much so fast for that matter. Today is Sunday night and we packed up this morning and left Auckland. We spent most of our day driving south. We're now in Napier. Its a small city/town and we literally drove along the ocean as we drove up. It smells like forest fire here, I guess this is comforting because it makes me think of home. It also makes me miss home... We will be here for a week before we head down to Christchurch. That's where the recent earthquake was, and for those of you wondering, we were not affected nor did we even feel the quake. |