♥
questions
of
the
heart
Welcome.
it's a small world

Hello. You landed at kaitlinkloss.blogspot.com and you probably know that already.
kaitlin nicole,
she flies with her own wings

Feel free to comment, xx





Best viewed in Google Chrome
Don't check this out with Internet Explorer, ewiee.
The best 6 days of my life
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 @ 1:52 PM

Here I am back in Christchurch again, home after the best week on the coast ever. I haven't blogged recently because I've been so busy in this little hick town on the coast. Last Wednesday me and Rach woke up bright and early (well early for us that is, 7:30am) and us and the fam loaded all our gear and ourselves into the car to start our little journey down to Hokitika where me and Rach would be staying with her boyfriend Matt and his family for almost a week. It started off as a really nice drive. We made a stop at the Castle Hill rocks which was absolutely gorgeous my finger was going crazy on my camera. After taking hundreds of pictures me and Rach were waiting for my parents who happened to be walking behind a tour bus of people from Bangladesh. One of the men approached us and asked if he could take a picture with us two New Zealand girls. I immediately pointed out the fact that I, like him, am a foreigner. But a picture with a Canadian and a Kiwi was an even better idea to him...and the rest of his tour bus. We momentarily became celebrities, everyone getting in for a picture. People were videotaping us, pictures left and right. I was dying laughing so some of them will have pictures of tears streaming down my face from laughing. In their heavy accents they kept telling us how beautiful and fine and pretty and smart and nice and funny etc we were. They also assured us that we were always welcome in Bangladesh and that they loved us VEDY MUS. Back in the car and off again more of the same scenery until we saw the one thing my parents moved away from. SNOW!! We had gone so far up that there was snow on the ground. Then it started to pour rain and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was not impressed with what I saw, pouring rain and a very small town. Not my ideal vacation. The first night we drove around running errands and stuff, seeing/meeting people. I got to feed little baby calves and drink fresh milk from the farm, saw how all that milking stuff goes on. We did some crazy driving through flooded roads. Then stopped off at Matt's friend Todd's house and we were there for a while. Thursday it rained as well, and I was so not impressed. Me and Rach went into Greymouth for the day with Matt's mom and sisters while he was at work. Worst idea we ever had. We walked in the cold wet rain, lost for ages. When we came across McDonalds we sat in there for hours until Matt and Todd came to get us. That night we went for a hot tub which was nice on my cold feet and after that we went and saw the glow worms. Then we drove up a mountain so we could see all of Hoki, we sat in Matt's van (and then me and Todd ended up stuck outside in the freezing cold for hours) for most of the night just talking. On Friday the sun finally came out. Todd only had a half day of work so he came and picked me and Rachel up and took us up to the gorge where the water is usually crystal clear blue but because of the rain it was pretty grey. We still got some good shots. On the way home Todd taught me how to drive standard on the other side of the car, on the left side of the road. That was good fun but we all know it's not in my genes to be a good driver. At least I didn't crash. On Saturday morning the 4 of us were woken up at a sickening hour to a cow bell. I am not a morning person at all so I was not happy. After a disastrous waffle making morning we drove up to the lake and went boating with Todds dad. After that we picked up another friend Simon and went up to his dads gold mine. I got to wear neon pink gum boots and me and Rach got stuck in the mud too many times to count. I didn't really understand what was going on there but it was cool to sit on the big digger and stumble around in the deep mud. After that we hit the beach where the boys went body boarding and we attempted to get a tan. We had deeeelish fish and chips for dinner, and then waxed Matt's legs that night. He bit through a wooden spoon and screamed like a baby. On Sunday, we were again woken to the bell. It was gorgeous again, so we went up to Punakaiki to see the pancake rocks and the blow holes. The ocean was pretty calm though so the blow holes weren't that exciting, but it was still so pretty. We went to Todd's for dinner where the boys were in charge of making dinner. I learned how to throw a rugby ball and after dinner we watched a rugby game on tv, I didn't really understand what was going on and would've been more content to be watching a hockey game but what can ya doooo. We had a really late night that night, which could explain why the morning we were leaving Matt fell off a ladder at work and was sent to hospital. Postpone the trip home by a few hours, we headed to the hospital to make sure he was alright. Only internal bruising, doc said he was a lucky guy. After that me and Rach crashed on the drive home. I can't wait to go back!